What is Bioclear Bonding?
Bioclear uses a combination of clear plastic matrices (veneers) and composite resin colour-matched to your natural teeth, to correct dark triangles and other tooth irregularities or gaps.
Bioclear matrices are placed around the teeth and slightly under your gum in order to help strengthen the restoration.
Unlike porcelain veneers or composite bonding, if damaged, Bioclear's matrices can often be repaired, without needing to be replaced.
Features of Bioclear Matrix
While both porcelain veneers and dental bonding are effective ways to address gaps and other smile issues, Bioclear is different in a number of ways:
- Typically costs less than porcelain veneers
- May be more durable than traditional dental bonding
- Minimally invasive process compared veneers
- Does not require scraping off a portion of the tooth enamel
- Can often be completed in a single visit
- Resists staining
- Reduces the appearance of dark triangles
- May correct appearance of tooth irregularities
- Can be repaired if damaged
- Helps to strengthen tooth structure
Why Consider Bioclear?
Although many of our patients see gap teeth as a unique facial feature, others feel self-conscious about gaps in their smiles and prefer to have them corrected.
In some cases, gaps between teeth can form black triangles (diastema) that look like dark, empty spaces between the teeth. When not closed these dark triangles can cause food can become trapped and cavities to develop.
For patients who feel that the appearance of black triangles is taking a toll on their self-esteem, Bioclear has been designed as a way to reduce the appearance of black triangles.
Bioclear offers patients a cost-effective and minimally-invasive restorative treatment that may be used as an alternative to veneers or crowns.